In 1999, the Religious Hospitallers of St. Joseph established the Fanny Allen Corporation to support nonprofit organizations in Vermont serving the most vulnerable people in the community — the sick, economically disadvantaged and homeless. Since then, the Corporation has allocated $6+ million to almost 70 different nonprofit organizations to support programs providing:
- Basic needs, such as food, shelter and housing;
- Access to affordable childcare and summer camp programs for low-income families;
- Access to mental and medical health care and dental care;
- Income opportunities, including job training and paid internship programs;
- Other initiatives that improve the lives of families, children, the elderly and people with disabilities.